Home ~ Homeschooling ~ Home Therapy ~ Homemaking ~ Home Coming (Our Adoption Journey)

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lord of All Pots and Pans

Lord of all pots and pans and things,
Since I've no time to be
A saint by doing lovely things or
Watching late with thee,
Or dreaming in the twilight or
Storming heaven's gates.
Make me a saint by getting meals or
Washing up the plates.

-Brother Lawrence
or St. Terese of Avila
or  A poem written in 1928 by a 19 year old girl in domestic service in England
(I found websites that attribute the quote or poem to each of them!)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

My husband told me a few weeks ago, "You are a good cook, but you are a messy cook!"

I did get the kitchen clean before he got home last night! It seemed like everything I read yesterday had to do with keeping your kitchen clean. Clean As You Go from Simple Mom, Glorifying God in Housework from Holy Experience, and even an article in Real Simple about the best way to load a dishwasher.  Love those little reminders!

Still in the menu plan this week:
Spicy Tomato Soup
Sugar Cookies 
Artisan bread dough to make make a bread bowl with spinach dip
Chicken with Apricot Couscous (similar to this recipe)

I'll try to keep the mess to a minimum though!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...sounds exactly like my husband's words to me... "Could you possibly make a bigger mess when you cook sweetie?" (In the south, if you say "sweetie," or "bless your heart" you can get away with murder!

    ReplyDelete